The product is shipped within 24 hours.
We complete the order within 24 hours.
The product is covered by a one-year warranty.
You can return the product within 14 days.
Sabre Ludwikowka HONOR GOD HOMELAND on decorative board with scabbard
Manufacturer: SPANISH DEPARTMENT armourers
The presented sabre is a replica of Polish cavalry sabre patterned wz. 34. called “ludwikowka” designed in 1934 by Technical Institute of Armaments in Warsaw and produced between 1936 – 1939. There were produced 40 000 pieces this type of sabres in the steelworks Huta Ludwików in Kielce. This was the last Polish military sabre.
Length: 98 cm
Weight: 1,8 kg
The blade is lightly curved, decorate with floral motifs and between them is polish eagle and inscription “GOD HONOR HOMELAND”. Second side of the blade is smooth, able to engraving. The blade’s tip is double-edged feather. On the original sabres blade, under the moustache on blade surface was engraved H. LUDWIKÓW KIELCE and serial name “S. wz. 34.”.
The handle is fully closed. The grip of the hilt is wooden, notched on both sides, united with two screws and covered by brass hood. The cross-guard is also brass, with short, wide moustache.
This weapon had to undergo a series of stress-tests:
- when dropped free from the height of 2 meters it was to pierce a steel sheet 2 millimetres thick
- cut five 5 millimetres steel bars without damaging the edge
- survive a powerful blows into a hardwood stub with the flat and the spine
- the blade pressed against a hardwood stub was to bend 150 millimetres to either side without breaking or deforming
- the scabbard had to survived 120 kg pressure
The scabbard was made of chrome steel from Toledo.
The set includes wooden board.
Board length: 110 cm
Board high: 30 cm
Board weight: 2,6 kg